Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Journey To Monterey

I believe some of you might be wondering where is the lion's den. I have decided to go into early retirement in Monterey, California. After several vain attempts at Job applications, I decided why not start life upside down by retiring and rejuvenating for a productive life like you have never imagined it. California is the right place for such early life adventures. I have made a short video for your pleasure.


But on a more serious note, I am planning to resume a summer fellowship in nonproliferation studies at the Center for Nonproliferation Study in Monterey, California. Not quite an early retirement, but Monterey is not a bad deal for an intensive study in nonproliferation of weapons of mass destruction. After seeing the beauty of this coast and the purity of the air, I will do anything within my power to stop any tyrant from playing with nukes.


Otherwise, I am currently learning to be a good cook and hoping that everything will be well. I miss you all, and I hope to visit most of you whenever I can afford to do so. In any case you are all welcome to come to California and hopefully study some nonproliferation methods with me.


In other matters, congratulations to all my friends who are Obama supporters. I wish you a victorious election year! I have enjoyed the entire primaries, and I hope Obama will give America the leadership it deserves. The World needs America, the America I knew when I was just a little boy living in a refugee camp in Guinea, the America I saw rescue its citizens during the war in Sierra Leone, the America I saw in schools as members of the Peace Corp, the America I know through you my good friends. We need that America!

No comments: