Tuesday, May 27, 2008

TRIBUTE TO ROSE SANDOUNO

Knowing what I know now

Should I have loved you more?

When heaven calls on its servant

A humble soul, immaculate and pure

Should I have known it was goodbye?

Or must I have been prepared?

For a heavenly call so silent and serene.

--------------------------

Clouds of heaven whirl at your presence

Angels whisper rest in peace

On earth friends assemble in vigil

God’s kingdom is for you

You, your brother’s keeper

Those you touched with love

Continue to weep in prayer

-----------------------------

Should I cry for you Sister Rose…Aunty Rose?

Break down in that childish laughter

That has left an echo in my heart

May I Sister Rose, Aunty Rose Should I?

You knew the answers to my questions

And answered them with motherly charm

Pure, spiritual, delightful and strong-headed

--------------------------------------

I cry now within the pages of my books

The only image of you, the one I last saw

Bright and merry, so tender and sweet

“Joe, you must grow up now,

Your little one is about to be born”

But if to die is to be reborn in heaven

In my heart you are always alive

-------------------------------

I have grown up now Sister Rose…Aunty Rose

I am grown up

I am grown

Sister Rose

Aunty Rose

Rest in peace

No comments: